Monday, March 21, 2011

Real3D

Hey peops!


I felt like it was time to make a new post here on the blog.
I haven't been working on XGEL for a while but yesterday I decided that it was time to
get back to it again and I have a list of bugs and improvements that I want to fix
before I release the next version:


Here's the list:

  • List Feature
    This feature will position all Nested Objects in form of a list that can be either unidirection or bidirectional.
    This together with the SnapToGrid and PrefferedPosition will give you a full featured list
    without the need to actually do much to an object.
  • Correct Mouse Position ProjectionWhenever a GRBase32 is manipulated using projection transformation,the mouse position acts as if the GRBase32 is not manipulated.
    So if you for example have an object at 0x0 and rotate the GRBase32 90 degrees
    then the object is Viewed as if it's rotated, but all the mouse events are handled as if
    the object is Not rotated.
  • GTClient Tick only when Needed
    I kind of fixed this but I haven't confirmed if it really works or not.
    I might have to give it a different approach to how it should work.
  • Fix "Fit Rotation" on Z-Rotation + Fix X- and Y-Rotation when rotating on  the Z-Axis
  • Fix the Double Click bug
    Objects fly away from their positions when you double click on 'em.
  • GTClient Smooth/Sharp
    Choose if you want calculations to jump from A to B directly or if you want a smooth run between the two.
  • Extract feature
    This is a feature that I know you'll like.
    I want the ability to choose wether an object should be handled from within the software or
    if it should be handled like those nice alpha-transparent layers that windows have.
    If you've seen for example Photoshop's splash screen with it's shadow then you know what I mean.
    However I want it to be dynamic so we can have for example animations playing on the screen, OUTSIDE our applications.
  • Anti Alias feature
Another thing I'm working on is the "Real3D" feature I had on some of the earlier versions of
XGEL, that really didnt work that well.
Matter of fact it didnt work at all.
However now I've managed to get it to work and all I need to do is to make it compatible
with simple Mesh Objects and textures, and implement it to XGEL.
When that's done, we have a simple 3D engine right there.
It wont be a fancy 3D engine like DirectX or OpenGL but it will work the same way
giving you a 3D space to let your 3D models be rendered in.

Download XGEL at www.xaid.se/xgel.html

No comments:

Post a Comment